[ejabberd] add_rosteritem behavior

Yiorgis Gozadinos ggozad at crypho.com
Tue Nov 1 11:36:11 MSK 2016

Reviving an old thread as I managed to find some time to look into this again :) Badlop sorry for such a delay…

I did configure xmlrpc and mod_admin_extra to try it out. There is one additional problem though.
We rely on having multiple groups for users, i.e. a user belongs to several groups for some other user’s roster.
When using add_rosteritem, all previous group associations in the rostergroups table are lost.
Shouldn’t it be the case that the groups are preserved and new entries created in rostergroups?

Alternatively, is there a way to use add_rosteritem WITHOUT a group? We could then keep updating rostergroups manuall...