[ejabberd] RES: mod_vcard_ldap

Marcio Luciano Donada mdonada at auroraalimentos.com.br
Thu Nov 3 23:56:11 MSK 2016

>You misused %u and %s I think. %u will be replaced with the user part of the JID and %s will be replaced with values of LDAP attributes.
>You should replace most of the %u with %s, except for the NICKNAME.

>Maybe you should start with the exemples provided in the documentation and then customize it to your needs.
>https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/configuration/#modvcardldap

Hi,
thanks for your return. We use the active directory but I have done several tests and I am unable to find the solution. In the older version of ejabberd 2.1.11 have almost the same configuration for the AD parameters and works perfectly.

Version 2.1.11

  {mod_vcard_ldap, [{
  ldap_vcard_map,
     [{"NICKNAME", "%s", ["displayname"]},
      {"GIVEN", "%s", ["givenName"]},
      {"MIDDLE", "%s", ["initials"]},
      {"FAMILY", "%s", ["sn"]},
      {"FN", "%s", ["displayName"]},
      {"EMAIL", "%s", ["mail"]},
      {"ORGNAME", "%s", ["company"]},
      {"ORGUNIT", "%s", ["department"]},
      {"CTRY", "%s", ["c"]},
      {"LOCALITY", "%s", ["l"]},
      {"STREET", "%s", ["streetAddress"]},
      {"REGION", "%s", ["st"]},
      {"PCODE", "%s", ["postalCode"]},
      {"TITLE", "%s", ["title"]},
      {"URL", "%s", ["wWWHomePage"]},
      {"DESC", "%s", ["description"]},
      {"TEL", "%s", ["telephoneNumber"]}]},
    {ldap_search_fields,
     [{"User", "%u"},
      {"Name", "givenName"},
      {"Family Name", "sn"},
      {"Email", "mail"},
      {"Company", "company"},
      {"Department", "department"},
      {"Role", "title"},
      {"Description", "description"},
      {"Phone", "telephoneNumber"}]},
    {ldap_search_reported,
     [{"Full Name", "FN"},
      {"Nickname", "NICKNAME"},
      {"Email", "EMAIL"}]}
  ]}
]}.

I may be wrong, but I can not see where else in version 16.09 have the following configuration (see the parameters regarding the 2.1.11 version) but I can not make it work.

mod_vcard_ldap:
    ldap_vcard_map:
      "NICKNAME": {"%s": ["displayName"]}
      "GIVEN": {"%s": ["cn"]}
      "MIDDLE": {"%s": ["initials"]}
      "FAMILY": {"%s": ["sn"]}
      "FN": {"%s": ["displayName"]}
      "EMAIL": {"%s": ["mail"]}
      "ORGNAME": {"%s": ["company"]}
      "ORGUNIT": {"%s": ["department"]}
      "CTRY": {"%s": ["c"]}
      "LOCALITY": {"%s": ["l"]}
      "STREET": {"%s": ["streetAddress"]}
      "REGION": {"%s": ["st"]}
      "PCODE": {"%s": ["postalCode"]}
      "TITLE": {"%s": ["title"]}
      "URL": {"%s": ["wWWHomePage"]}
      "DESC": {"%s": ["description"]}
      "TEL": {"%s": ["telephoneNumber"]}
    ldap_search_fields:
      "User": "%u"
      "Name": "givenName"
      "Family Name": "sn"
      "Email": "mail"
      "Company": "company"
      "Department": "department"
      "Role": "title"
      "Description": "description"
      "Phone": "telephoneNumber"
    ldap_search_reported:
      "Full Name": "FN"
      "Nickname": "NICKNAME"
      "Email": "EMAIL"

thanks for your help.
__
Márcio Luciano Donada

Aviso: Esta mensagem (incluindo qualquer anexo) e os arquivos nela contidos é confidencial e legalmente protegida, somente podendo ser usada pelo indivíduo ou entidade a quem foi endereçada. Caso você a tenha recebido por engano, deverá devolvê-la ao remetente e, posteriormente, apagá-la, pois, a disseminação, encaminhamento, uso, impressão ou cópia do conteúdo desta mensagem são expressamente proibidos.
Warning: This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.