[ejabberd] add_rosteritem behavior

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:50:00 MSK 2016

Hi,

I've committed an improvement to the add_rosteritem command, so now it
is possible to provide several groups as argument:
$ ejabberdctl add_rosteritem user1 localhost user3 localhost UsER3
"g1;g2;g3" both

See
https://github.com/processone/ejabberd/commit/bd060bc1bb0b5078ddc00189556256418cac1a6f

As you noticed, this command overwrites the previous roster item,
which means any previous information, like previous groups, is lost.

If you want to preserve old groups, and simply add more, then you will
have to write that yourself. For example, get previous groups with
this, and add them to your argument:
$ ejabberdctl get_roster user1 localhost
user3 at localhost UsER3   both    none    g3
user3 at localhost UsER3   both    none    g2
user3 at localhost UsER3   both    none    g1

---
Badlop
ProcessOne