[ejabberd] EJabberd on Windows and SQL Server

Katherine M. Moss kmoss at winterhillsolutions.com
Tue Aug 1 15:10:31 MSK 2017

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a Ejabberd server, and since I'm less
comfortable with MySQL than SQL Server, I'd rather keep the database on SQL
Server (I already have one up due to numerous other projects). I would also
rather the server be on Windows both because this is a small scale server,
not like thousands of users will be connecting to it at once, and since I'm
more comfortable with Windows than linux. I know that you say that it's not
supported in this configuration on Windows, but has anyone gotten it
working? LDAP (Active Directory) would be used for authentication. Thanks
for any assistance; SQL Server is on 2016 while Windows server is on Windows
server 2016.