[ejabberd] ejjabberd authentication with ldap doesn't work!

Fatemeh Mehdizadeh mehdizadeh.fatemeh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:36:54 MSK 2017

I'm on FreeBSD 11. few days ago I install openldap24-server on my system.
after that I install ejabberd from port. now I cannot connect to ejabberd.

# ee //usr/local/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml
hosts:
  - "localhost"
  - "192.168.*.*"
comment :auth_method: internal
auth_method: ldap
ldap_servers:
   - "localhost"
   - "ldap://192.168.*.*"
ldap_encrypt: none
ldap_port: 389
ldap_rootdn: "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"
ldap_password: 4QrcOUm6Wau+VuBX8g+IPg==
ldap_base: "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com"

I define a user in my ldif file(this is a part of my ldif file):
dn: uid=testuser,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: PureFTPdUser
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: testuser
uid: testuser
sn: testuser
uidNumber: 5023
gidNumber: 5001
homeDirectory: /home/testuser
userPassword: 123456

in client I enter the address http://192.168.*.*:5280/admin, for Username I
enter testuser and for password 123456, but it cannot connect. i test
testuser at example.com in username feild but I didn't succeeded.

Please help me to solve the problem.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.