[ejabberd] Packet captures of ejabberd

Tom Peterson tom at cloudshark.org
Wed Aug 16 16:20:26 MSK 2017

Hi all,

Just starting to look into and learn more about XMPP and started with
setting up an ejabberd server. I was really wow'd by how easy it was to
install ejabberd on a CentOS 7 box and get it up and running! The installer
was great! A script to help configure it and a web interface to boot!?!?
That must have taken a lot of hard work and thank you for providing such an
awesome experience!

After setting up the server I played around with a couple clients and took
packet captures along the way which I posted to my companies knowledge base:

https://support.cloudshark.org/kb/xmpp-captures.html

If you open any of them up you can also download the raw pcap by going to
'Export -> Download File' in the upper right.

Not sure how useful this would be to anyone but hoping that they can
provide some sort of benefit back to this project. If anyone has any
questions on them, or even better, ideas for more scenarios I can collect
pcaps for let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Thanks again for all the hard work on ejabberd!!!

-Tom