[ejabberd] Automatic Roster with Active Directory

Nick Bright nick.bright at valnet.net
Mon Feb 6 22:14:00 MSK 2017

Could anybody point me at the correct documentation for this, for the
current version of ejabberd?

On 1/26/2017 4:20 PM, Nick Bright wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm reinstalling ejabberd with the latest version, and am having a bit
> of trouble sussing out automatic rosters. Was working great in 2.2.13,
> but it's been so long, I forgot how that was set up!
>
> Searching online, I'm finding many references that are very old, and
> it appears much has changed in the configuration system.
>
> Active Directory authentication is working flawlessly, I followed the
> documentation to set up a Shared Roster Group with @all@, but it
> didn't seem to pull everybody in. This may not be the right thing to
> do. Looking back at my 2.2.13 configuration, I don't see anything in
> the configuration file about shared rosters or LDAP rosters; so it
> seems like this was done through the web interface at the time.
>
> What is the best way to implement an automatic roster such that all of
> my AD users are populated in to each others' roster without having to
> add everybody?

-  Nick Bright                                -
-  Vice President of Technology               -
-  Valnet -=- We Connect You -=-              -
-  Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789  -
-  Web http://www.valnet.net/                 -
- Are your files safe?                        -
- Valnet Vault - Secure Cloud Backup          -
- More information & 30 day free trial at     -
- http://www.valnet.net/services/valnet-vault -

This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the addressees hereof. This message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.