[ejabberd] Automatic Roster with Active Directory

Nick Bright nick.bright at valnet.net
Mon Feb 20 19:39:52 MSK 2017

On 2/16/2017 3:50 PM, Nick Bright wrote:
> On 2/16/2017 3:34 PM, Dominik George wrote:
>> Hi Nick,
>>
>>> I'm reinstalling ejabberd with the latest version, and am having a bit
>>> of trouble sussing out automatic rosters. Was working great in 2.2.13,
>>> but it's been so long, I forgot how that was set up!
>>>
>>> Searching online, I'm finding many references that are very old, and it
>>>
>>> appears much has changed in the configuration system.
>> look here:
>> https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/configuration/#modsharedrosterldap
>>
>> -nik
> Thanks Nik. Working through that now.

I attempted to implement the mod_shared_roster_ldap per that
documentation link, and configured my ejabberd.yml as:

    mod_shared_roster_ldap:
             ldap_base: "OU=SBSUsers, OU=Users, OU=MyBusiness,
    DC=MyDomain,DC=local"
             ldap_rfilter:
    "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))"
             ldap_groupattr:
             ldap_memberattr: "SAMAccountName"
             ldap_filter:
    "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))"
             ldap_userdesc: "cn"

The ldap_base and ldap_filter at the same as my authentication
configuration (since it's the same set of users), but it doesn't seem to
be working; and there aren't any corresponding log entries in
ejabberd.log or error.log.

Are there any obvious errors with that configuration? How can I get some
kind of feedback from ejabberd to see what's wrong? I tried turning
logging up to debug, but it was so chatty I couldn't see what was going on.

-  Nick Bright                                -
-  Vice President of Technology               -
-  Valnet -=- We Connect You -=-              -
-  Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789  -
-  Web http://www.valnet.net/                 -
- Are your files safe?                        -
- Valnet Vault - Secure Cloud Backup          -
- More information & 30 day free trial at     -
- http://www.valnet.net/services/valnet-vault -

This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the addressees hereof. This message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.