[ejabberd] lost messages

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 16 13:08:24 MSK 2017

* jacob jabber <ejabberd.jacob at gmail.com> [2017-01-16 13:24]:
> <stream:error><conflict
> xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'></conflict><text xml:lang='en'
> xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'>Replaced by new
> connection</text></stream:error>"

If you got this error, the client didn't resume¹ the old session but
created a new one instead.  This error is then sent over the *old*
connection, so it seems you didn't actually loose it.

> I lost(disconnect) client1 internet connection for 60 second and client 2
> sends messages in this interval(60 messages) to clinet 1. when client 1
> connects to internet, this error happens and is lost 1 message(first
> message) and this error happens.
> ejabberd server received lost message and but client 1 no received that
> message.
>  what's wrong, Is this error ok or bug?

This FAQ entry might clarify some details around stream management:

	https://www.ejabberd.im/faq/tcp

But my first question would be why you thought you lost the connection
while it looks like you didn't.

Holger

¹ https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0198.html#resumption