[ejabberd] ejabberd pi-cluster possible?

Салют-7 saljut7 at posteo.net
Sun Jul 23 17:16:17 MSK 2017

Hello ejabber users,

I'm running a small XMPP server with Prosody since some months but I
miss a cluster feature. I would be interested to run an ejabberd cluster
on 3 Raspberry Pis (for familiy and friends only, maybe 50-100 users),
each RPi behind home DSL with average bandwith (not more than 1MBit upload).

https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/guide/clustering/ says

"Cluster should be set up in a single data center: The clustering in
ejabberd Community Edition relies on low latency networking. While it
may work across regions, it is recommended that you run an ejabberd
cluster in a single Amazon region."

so I'm hesitating to start the described Pi cluster experiment and
wanted to ask you for your experience: would a Raspberry Pi ejabberd
cluster provide a usable XMPP experience in the end?

Thx and regards
saljut7

PS: Got a message that jabber.ru does not provide TLS which is maybe
interesting for you;

This is the mail system at host mout02.posteo.de.

                   The mail system

<ejabberd at jabber.ru>: TLS is required, but was not offered by host
    mx.jabber.ru[78.46.172.229]