[ejabberd] Auth issue when migrated from ejabberd 14 to 17

Bhag Chandra bhag.chandra.erl at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:29:58 MSK 2017

In my previous ejabberd setup, I used to send the <auth> along with the
stream initiation request from client. So xmpp packet looked like this :

<stream:stream to="server" xml:lang="*" version="1.0" xmlns:stream="
http://etherx.jabber.org/streams" xmlns="jabber:client">

<mysplauth xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl">
<auth xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl" mechanism="PLAIN">
string_string_base64_string</auth>
<version xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl"> 1.0 </version>
<resource xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl"> resource </resource>
</mysplauth>

I know this way of sending auth in stream initiation is not conventional
way of doing it, but I was doing it and it worked fine.

But the 17.04 is more modular and I can understand how to implement same
thing in it. 17.04 completely ignores my auth stanza.