[ejabberd] Problem with shared roster and online contacts

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Sat Sep 9 07:45:07 MSK 2017

Dear Colleagues,

I'm using Ejabberd with PAM authentication on FreeBSD, and a shared
roster with the @online@ macro in a corporate environment.

After a recent upgrade from ejabberd-2.1.11 to ejabberd-17.07_1 I'm
having a problem with the said shared roster:

In the morning I go online. Then other people begin to go online, but
I don't see the newcomers in my Contact List until I go offline and
then again online.

Each time I want to update the Contact List, I have to reconnect. This
problem was not present in the old version, contacts would appear in
my Contact List right after they logged in without any effort on my
part.

Any help and workarounds are appreciated. The users are most unhappy
and annoyed.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859