[ejabberd] Problem with shared roster and online contacts

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Sat Sep 9 10:21:08 MSK 2017

Evgeny Khramtsov wrote:

> > I'm using Ejabberd with PAM authentication on FreeBSD, and a shared
> > roster with the @online@ macro in a corporate environment.
> >
> > After a recent upgrade from ejabberd-2.1.11 to ejabberd-17.07_1 I'm
> > having a problem with the said shared roster:
> >
> > In the morning I go online. Then other people begin to go online, but
> > I don't see the newcomers in my Contact List until I go offline and
> > then again online.
> >
> > Each time I want to update the Contact List, I have to reconnect. This
> > problem was not present in the old version, contacts would appear in
> > my Contact List right after they logged in without any effort on my
> > part.
> >
> > Any help and workarounds are appreciated. The users are most unhappy
> > and annoyed.
> >

> Most likely this is related to
> https://github.com/processone/ejabberd/issues/1846

I too see lots of messages like this:

2017-09-09 14:11:21.349 [warning] <0.21948.0>@ejabberd_c2s:process_info:246 got unexpected info: {item,{<<"russ">>,<<"library.tomsk.ru">>,<<>>},both}
2017-09-09 14:11:21.349 [warning] <0.21948.0>@ejabberd_c2s:process_info:246 got unexpected info: {item,{<<"school">>,<<"library.tomsk.ru">>,<<>>},both}

but the reporter says that "The roster group works fine and every
registered user is able to see every other registered user and their online
status," his only problem being the log growing too big.

 From what I have read about Issue #1846, when (in what version) can I
humbly expect the roster problem to be fixed?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859