[ejabberd] remote-server-not-found, but DNS entry is there

Marvin Gülker m-guelker at phoenixmail.de
Fri Feb 2 17:54:22 MSK 2018

Am 30. Januar 2018 um 22:33 Uhr +0100 schrieb Marvin Gülker:
> Am 26. Januar 2018 um 21:54 Uhr +0100 schrieb Marvin Gülker:
> > There's no SRV record, but only an A/AAAA record.
>
> My friend has now added SRV records for sydev.us, but it does not
> help. The problem still persists. Now I'm even more clueless than
> before... Any help is appreciated.

I found the problem. It's a connection time out; setting both
outgoing_s2s_timeout and s2s_dns_timeout to a high value resolves the
problem. It's irritating that ejabberd reports that issue as
remote-server-not-found, though, when it should probably be
connection-timeout. If it's really the connection to the localhost DNS
server that times out, I'm wondering how that can be... But that's a
different problem.

Greetings
Marvin

--