[ejabberd] remote-server-not-found, but DNS entry is there

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:57:21 MSK 2018


You are using 2 years old version. In newer version (18.01 for example)
error reporting is improved drastically. It will report about DNS timeouts
for sure (I wrote that code)

On Feb 2, 2018 17:54, "Marvin Gülker" <m-guelker at phoenixmail.de> wrote:

> Am 30. Januar 2018 um 22:33 Uhr +0100 schrieb Marvin Gülker:
> > Am 26. Januar 2018 um 21:54 Uhr +0100 schrieb Marvin Gülker:
> > > There's no SRV record, but only an A/AAAA record.
> >
> > My friend has now added SRV records for sydev.us, but it does not
> > help. The problem still persists. Now I'm even more clueless than
> > before... Any help is appreciated.
>
> I found the problem. It's a connection time out; setting both
> outgoing_s2s_timeout and s2s_dns_timeout to a high value resolves the
> problem. It's irritating that ejabberd reports that issue as
> remote-server-not-found, though, when it should probably be
> connection-timeout. If it's really the connection to the localhost DNS
> server that times out, I'm wondering how that can be... But that's a
> different problem.
>
> Greetings
> Marvin
>
> --
> Blog: https://mg.guelker.eu
> PGP/GPG ID: F1D8799FBCC8BC4F
> _______________________________________________
> ejabberd mailing list
> ejabberd at jabber.ru
> http://lists.jabber.ru/mailman/listinfo/ejabberd
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/attachments/20180202/569b44c3/attachment.html>


More information about the ejabberd mailing list