[ejabberd] remote-server-not-found, but DNS entry is there

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Feb 2 18:40:55 MSK 2018

On 02/02/18 10:16, Marvin Gülker wrote:
> Am 02. Februar 2018 um 17:57 Uhr +0300 schrieb Evgeniy Khramtsov:
>> You are using 2 years old version. In newer version (18.01 for example)
>> error reporting is improved drastically. It will report about DNS timeouts
>> for sure (I wrote that code)

> 2 years isn't too much from a stable distro user's viewpoint,
> though. But be affirmed, I won't go through Debian Stable's entire
> lifetime and have my users wait for new features years and years. Once a
> Debian release becomes stable, I usually upgrade within half a year or
> so.

This has always been the drawback of Debian just as it has with RHEL:
The software may be stable, but it's *old*.  One of the things I find
advantageous with Gentoo ius that I can decide on a package by package
basis whether to run the "stable" version or a newer-but-"unstable"
release.  Right now, Gentoo's "stable" ejabberd version is 16.09, but I
am running "unstable" 17.04 with no issues.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net