[ejabberd] Migration from prosody to ejabberd

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Mon Oct 8 16:00:44 MSK 2018

Hi,

I want to do a migration from prosody 0.10 to ejabberd.

I did an rsync from /var/lib/prosody (from the old host) to /tmp/prosody
on the new host and tried doing it with

ejabberdctl import_prosody /tmp/prosody/*
ejabberdctl import_prosody /tmp/prosody/
ejabberdctl import_prosody /tmp/prosody
and also
ejabberdctl import_prosody /tmp/prosody/<user>/roster/XXXX.dat

but non of them worked.

ejaberdctl always terminates with

root at xmpp2:~# ejabberdctl import_prosody /tmp/prosody
Error: enoent

Even with --debug and strace I can't figure our what's going wrong. I
don't know if there's a but in ejabberdctl or if I'm using it in the
wrong way.

ejabberd is running:

root at xmpp:~# ejabberdctl status
The node ejabberd at localhost is started with status: started
ejabberd 18.06-1~bpo9+1 is running in that node

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Peer

--
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-42
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG: HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht
Berlin-Charlottenburg,