[ejabberd] ejabberd behind NAT

Nicolas North [norðurljósahviða] nz at os.vu
Sat Oct 20 03:26:34 MSK 2018

Hi all

I'm running a new ejabberd node behing a firewall and if I include "INET_DIST_INTERFACE=<public-ip-here>" in /etc/ejabberd/ejabberdctl.conf it fails with "Protocol 'inet_tcp': register/listen error: eaddrnotavail". If I uncomment such option or set it to my private IP it will work, however this node will eventually become part of a cluster, and for that I've already set "ERLANG_NODE=ejabberd at internet.reachable.hostname.tld". How will having a non-public IPv4 in INET_DIST_INTERFACE affect the clusterization capabilities of this node?
Thanks in advance
Nz