[ejabberd] MySQL connection via haproxy?

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu Feb 14 23:17:41 MSK 2019

I'm running 17.04-r2 against MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.2.22.  I just
recently got the clustercheck daemon working, and installed and set up
HAproxy 1.8.13, then migrated all of my DB-backed services to use the proxy.

I have verified that my ejabberd user is able to connect via HAproxy
(listening on port 3307) on any of the possible grants from the command
line.  However, when I start ejabberd, it is able to successfully
connect ONLY if configured for localhost:3306.  It absolutely will not
connect via HAproxy; if ejabberd is making the connection, mysql denies
accerss, although a cli connection using the same credentials works fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Any diagnostic tips?  Any logging I
can turn on to verify exactly what credentials ejabberd is sending?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net