[ejabberd] Receiving messages on all connected clients

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Sun Jun 2 22:55:37 MSK 2019

On 6/2/19 3:15 PM, Evgeny wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 9:21 PM, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
> wrote:
>> Is any additional configuration necessary for these modules?
>
> mod_carboncopy currently doesn't have any options, and for mod_mam, if
> you're using only modern XMPP clients I'd recommend to set:
> ```
>   assume_mam_usage: true
>   default: always
> ```

Thanks.  Applied.

> I also highly recommend to check your server against the compliance
> tester to make sure clients are using all modern XMPP features. The
> tester has hints on what to configure on the server if you have some
> features lacking.

I just checked that, though I'm two major versions back.  I'm looking
through it now to see what I can and should enable.

Another issue that also just came up again — I am still unable to get
in-band registration CAPTCHAs to work.  This leaves me the choice
between no in-band registration at all, or every spammer on the planet
can create accounts.

Does the in-band registration CAPTCHA rely upon any of the mod_http_*
functionality?  Any tips for getting it working or any other means of
securing in-band registration?  Most of my users are using pidgin,
Xabber, or both.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications