[ejabberd] Receiving messages on all connected clients

Evgeny xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 10:21:06 MSK 2019

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 10:55 PM, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
wrote:
> I just checked that, though I'm two major versions back.  I'm looking
> through it now to see what I can and should enable.

That's not the problem, 18.12 supports all the features from Compliance
Suite 2019.

> Another issue that also just came up again — I am still unable to
> get
> in-band registration CAPTCHAs to work.

Describe the problem in details then.

> Does the in-band registration CAPTCHA rely upon any of the mod_http_*
> functionality?

Well, the "CAPTCHA protocol" has an HTTP fallback mechanism for clients
that don't support rendering it in-band. So you need to configure
additional request handler. It's actually documented. Simply put, add
`"/captcha": ejabberd_captcha` to `request_handlers` of `ejabberd_http`
listener.

> Most of my users are using pidgin, Xabber, or both.

Pidgin is not a "modern" client at all: it's abandoned crap. Consider
using Gajim or Dino (the problem with Dino though, is that you need to
compile it from the master branch to get it usable).