[ejabberd] Performances issues with ejabberd+LDAP+PostgreSQL

pitchum pitchum at gramaton.org
Mon May 13 11:06:21 MSK 2019

Le 10/05/2019 à 11:58, pitchum a écrit :
> my ejabberd 18.12 from Debian stretch-backports server has performances
> issues since yesterday, when the amount of connected users went from 10
> to 250+
> We will migrate the VM from 2 VCPUs to 4 VCPUs at lunch time but I'm not
> sure that it will solve the issues with PostgreSQL and LDAP.
> Attached here is an extract of error messages found in ejabberd.log
> showing SQL timeouts.
>
> I have a lot of questions but I'll start with this simple one: would you
> recommend using PostgreSQL as default_db on a production server or would
> you use mnesia as default_db and sql only for some modules (like MAM)?

I've reverted to "default_db=mnesia" and only mod_mam has db_type=sql.
The VM now has 8 VCPUs and it's not enough. All CPUs reached 100% load.

Now I have issues with LDAP timeouts mostly caused by
mod_shared_roster_ldap and mnesia crashes with mod_pub_sub.
Samples attached.

I'm still investigating with loglevel set to debug but if someone has
any clue I'd appreciate.

--
pitchum