[ejabberd] Handling Groups

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 25 10:05:35 MSK 2019

* Jai Rangi <jprangi at gmail.com> [2019-10-24 12:21]:
> History attribute in presence seems to solve one problem. We use last
> message received timestamp to pull all the messages from the group while
> user was offline.
>
> <history since='1970-01-01T00:00:00Z'/>

This relies on the 'traditional' XEP-0045 history feature which was only
meant to give the user some recent discussion context when joining a
room.  ejabberd stores this history in memory, so it's gone on server
restart.  The size of the history is configurable, but always limited.
That's the reason I recommended against using this feature, and to rely
on MAM instead.

Holger