[ejabberd] Handling Groups

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 25 10:34:14 MSK 2019

* Jai Rangi <jprangi at gmail.com> [2019-10-25 00:19]:
> I am using MAM.

But then you don't want to use the <history/> feature (which is
unrelated to MAM).  Send <history maxstanzas='0'/> to avoid receiving
history messages you also retrieve from MAM.

> Issues is the performance. Cause sending presence to multiple groups and
> requesting messages received during offline is taking time. How that
> should be handled.

XMPP has no extension to request available/unread message counts (yet),
so if you really need those counts immediately on (re)connect, I have no
good solution besides building a custom extension, sorry.

Holger