[ejabberd] Handling Groups

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Oct 25 17:14:00 MSK 2019

On 10/25/19 3:34 AM, Holger Weiß wrote:
> * Jai Rangi <jprangi at gmail.com> [2019-10-25 00:19]:
>> I am using MAM.
>
> But then you don't want to use the <history/> feature (which is
> unrelated to MAM).  Send <history maxstanzas='0'/> to avoid receiving
> history messages you also retrieve from MAM.
>
>> Issues is the performance. Cause sending presence to multiple groups and
>> requesting messages received during offline is taking time. How that
>> should be handled.
>
> XMPP has no extension to request available/unread message counts (yet),
> so if you really need those counts immediately on (re)connect, I have no
> good solution besides building a custom extension, sorry.

How should this properly be configured?  I have:

  mod_mam:
    assume_mam_usage: true
    default: always
  mod_muc:
    [...]
    access_mam:
      - allow
    default_room_options:
      mam: true

Is there anything I need to add to this, and is there somewhere in the
configuration I can set history maxstanzas='0' to avoid the duplication
of effort mentioned above?  Can I configure how much history mod_mam saves?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net