[ejabberd] Update to 19.09 in Debian backports - has totally hosed my setup

Phil Reynolds phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com
Mon Feb 10 19:05:57 MSK 2020

I updated the software on my server from Debian's backports -
previously, I had been on 19.08-2, and I am now on 19.09.1-1~bpo10+1.
Unfortunately it seems some serious changes have taken place as I can
no longer connect any clients to my account, or log in to the
administrative interface. Normally I would ask on the ejabberd chatroom
about problems like this but I am without means to access it - I can't
even find a public server on which I can reach it.

ejabberd seems to take a long time to start, and when it does, it logs
rather a lot! I have put the ejabberd and error logs in pastebin at:

http://paste.debian.net/1130038/
http://paste.debian.net/1130039/

Short of trying to roll back to 19.08-2, how do I get it working again?

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://phil.tinsleyviaduct.com/