[Tkabber-dev] Need help from translators to update Debian package

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 14 15:51:20 MSK 2010

I'm asking for help from active translators for updating certain
translatable strings for the 0.11.1 version of Tkabber as
packaged for Debian operating system (http://debian.org).

I have two places for which I need your assistance.

The first one is a recent fix for [1] backported from the change
made upstream in revision 1921 which changed one translatable
message; the message was changed from
"Error restoring roster contacts: %s"
"Error restoring roster contact %s: %s"
(in the new string, the first placeholder is replaced with
the contact's JID and the second one with the error message).
This message is present in message catalogs for German, Spanish,
Polish and Russian; I will update Russian catalog myself, but
need help with the others.

The second place is the "desktop file" which describes a menu
entry used by X Window "desktop environments" such as GNOME
(http://gnome.org). The textual resources shown to the user
can be localized. The file in its current form is attached
as "tkabber.desktop", and it contains two strings which can
be localized -- in the fields named "GenericName" and "Comment".
Currently it only has Russian localization, but I'd like to
have as many as possible of them for obvious reasons.

If you are willing to help, please send translations to there
three strings here (or to me directly).

1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=567628