[Tkabber-dev] Issue 2 in tclxmpp: Enhancement suggestion: Add -xmltracecommand

tclxmpp at googlecode.com tclxmpp at googlecode.com
Mon Sep 27 12:02:29 MSD 2010

Updates:
	Owner: sgolovan
	Labels: -Type-Defect Type-Enhancement

Comment #1 on issue 2 by sgolovan: Enhancement suggestion: Add
-xmltracecommand
http://code.google.com/p/tclxmpp/issues/detail?id=2

I don't think we really need -xmltracecommand option. Since -logcommand
gives all necessary info (input/output and tml/text) you can reconstruct
received or sent XML in -logcommand handler. Something like the following
(untested):

proc parseLog {xlib dir type msg} {
     if {$type eq "xml"} {
         set msg [::xmpp:xml::toText $msg]
     }
     # After that $msg contains XML stanza (or stream head/tail)
}

::xmpp::new ... -logcommand parseLog ...