[Tkabber] GPG and KDE Dock Problems

Douglas E. Warner silfreed@silfreed.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:30:10 -0500

On Thursday 19 December 2002 00:13, Marshall Rose wrote:
>     set ssj::options(sign-traffic)    1
Had that.

> 1. you have $GPG_AGENT_INFO set and whatever that program is doing, it'=
> not prompting you for a passphrase. (or maybe it is and everything is
> working fine.)
Nope; not set

> 2. tcl can't find the gpgme package. try this:
>     % tclsh
>     tclsh> package require gpgme
> you should see
>     1.01
>     tclsh>
> if you see something else, then gpgme isn't installed correctly. if thi=
> is the case, then tkabber will output a debugging message telling you t=
hat.
Nope. 'Something else' is:

% package require gpgme
Invalid Engine

I've re-installed gpgme (to /usr/local/lib/gpgme) and tclgpgme (to
/usr/local/lib) and it still gives me the same error.  I created a TCLLIB=
PATH
(see below, but this hasn't helped either.

> first, make sure that tcl can find Tk_Theme
>     % tclsh
>     tclsh> package require Tk_Theme
>     23
>     tclsh>
This didn't work at first.  I had to add this to my shell to make it work=
:
export TCLLIBPATH=3D"/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/tcllib1.3/"

> second, make sure you are using a "current" version of
> plugins/unix/dockingtray.tcl. on my version, it says
>     # $Id: dockingtray.tcl,v 1.3 2002/12/14 20:05:40 alexey Exp $
Nope; says v1.2 (which came with 0.9.3beta).  I checked out CVS, and foun=
d the
version that you said, and it works great now.

Thanks so far; at least I got one out of two things working ;).  Your rep=
ly to
the 'uri 1.1 error' message also helped steer me in the right direction; =
I'm
not to literate with Tcl, but am with Perl so I don't think this should b=
too painful.. just different.

- -Doug