[Tkabber] button philosophy, bad chars, grpup menu

Alexey Shchepin alexey@sevcom.net
06 Jan 2003 13:57:59 +0200

Hello, mykhal!

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 19:46:35 +0100, you said:

 m> * I think that "Show online and offline users / Show online users only"
 m> button should have swapped pixmaps, because it is two-state button (like
 m> sign and encrypt buttons), not action button (like e.g.  add user button) -
 m> so button name/pixmap should not represent action, but current state.

Hmm, maybe you right, but I want to hear opinion from several peoples, maybe
such behavior is habitual for many peoples.

 m> * When I write message in Czech language (iso8859-2), the chars with
 m> accents are wrong. It is not font problem, it seems it is text input - bad
 m> charset problem. I tested both iso8859-2 and iso10646-1 fonts and the
 m> problem is still the same. But when I send myself message in czech from PSI
 m> or Gabber, it is displayed correctly.

It seems tcl/tk requires correctly setuped localization: system locale must be
something like en_EN.ISO8859-2, and keyboard must send key events with
ISO8859-2 character names.

 m> * What does "New popup menu for roster groups" in Changelog mean? I do not
 m> have any popup menu for groups.

Strange, when you right click on group name in roster, you must have menu with
"rename", "resubscribe to all users in group" and "remove" items.