[Tkabber] button philosophy, bad chars, grpup menu

tkabber@jabber.ru tkabber@jabber.ru
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 00:08:42 +0100

> > * I think that "Show online and offline users / Show online users
> > only" button should have swapped pixmaps, because it is two-state
> > button (like sign and encrypt buttons), not action button (like e.g.
> > add user button) - so button name/pixmap should not represent action,
> > but current state.
>
> hi. i'm confused. in the default pixmaps for tkabber, the icons that are
> used for "show on/offline users" are glade-online.gif and
> glade-offline-gif, which present a two-state visual paradigm...

But glade-offline.gif with black bulb is displayed when offline users
are hidden. And glade-online.gif with semi-visible black bulb is
displayed when offline users are visible. So the button means action,
not state.

It is also possible that you have pixmaps displayed in opposite
meaning, tkabber on my computer behaves strange - I have no group
popup menu.

Michal

NOVINKA na Centrum.cz Auto! Největší autokatalog na českém internetu - sestavte si své auto snů! http://auto.centrum.cz/katalog