[Tkabber] button philosophy, bad chars, grpup menu

Sergei Golovan tkabber@jabber.ru
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:45:59 +0300

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 07:21:19PM +0300, Artem Shvorin wrote:
> Alexey Shchepin <alexey@sevcom.net> writes:
>
> I faced nearly the same problem: fonts are OK, but something's wrong
> with input (see attachment).  It seems to be a general Tk problem, not tkabber:
> other Tk applications behave in the same manner...
>
> Not sure if it is a proper way to set locale in bash startup scripts like this:
> export LANG=ru_RU.koi8r
Tk requires locale to be set as LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R

> export LC_ALL=ru_RU.koi8r
It would be better if you unset LC_ALL at all.

> but it does work correctly (at least with other applications ;-) ).
Or seems to work correctly.

> P.S.
> I found that tkabber checks for LC_MESSAGE env variable, but it is unset,
> is it OK?
"man locale" could give you necessary information.

--
Сергей 'TeopeTuK' Головань                      <mailto:sgolovan(a)pisem.net>
                                                <jabber:sgolovan(a)nes.ru>