[Tkabber] a hook on sound

Alexey Shchepin alexey at sevcom.net
Thu Jul 3 14:44:15 MSD 2003

Hello, fandethai!

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:16:09 +0100 (BST), you said:

 f> Hi all !  Could someone explain me how to configure in my
 f> config.tcl the following thing :

 f> - disable the sound for every events

You can disable initializing of sound support by adding following line in postload proc in your config:

set sound::options(sound) 0

Or you can temporary turn off sound events:

set sound::options(mute) 1

 f> - put a hook on a particular event, like a message to me from a
 f> particular people , and on this hook only, play a particular .wav

The most simple way is to copy tkabber/sounds/default in
e.g. ~/.tkabber/sounds, remove unneeded files from it and add
following in config:

set sound::options(theme) ~/.tkabber/sounds