[Tkabber] RH9

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Wed Sep 3 14:14:44 MSD 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 12:18, Dendik N.F. wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am not RH user, but there are several facts that may
> help you:
>    1. This is most likely problem displaying unicode (as
>      a non-latin-language-speaker i can tell it quite
>      sure)
>    2. As i know RH likes to have locale C.UTF-8... but
>      i tested it with that locale and it had no problems.
>    3. Do you have any unicode fonts (any font with
>      registry=iso10646, i.e. '*-iso10646-*-')? Try
>      saying 'set font ...' with one of such fonts
>      by hand in ~/.tkabber/config.tcl
>    4. If that does not help... then, i hope, someone more
>      educated will help you.

I have had no success setting the variables in config.tcl file.

For instance the documents says that you can set display options like
this:

set show_splash_window 0
set usetabbar 0

but that doesn't work I have to use:

{::::show_splash_window 0}
{::::usetabbar 0}

which I had to figure out.  So I guess I'm saying I'm not sure how to
set the font...  Would it be:

set font times
or
set font helvetica

or:

{::::font times}
or
{::::font helvetica}

Yes unicode sort of messed up RH8 and RH9 and it still isn't working
correctly, I've changed the default language to en but that doesn't work
(export LANG="en";tkabber.tcl).  So maybe its the font that tcl/tk is
displaying.  Any ideas are appreciated.