[Tkabber] Re: Bind ejabberd on special ip

Frank Niedermann fbn at thelogic.org
Mon Oct 4 01:14:46 MSD 2004

Hi Sergei,

Sergei Golovan <sgolovan at nm.ru> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 08:39:54PM +0000, Frank Niedermann wrote:
>> is it possible to bind ejabberd on a special ip?
> Try to specify option {ip} in {listen} section of the config file.
> For example:
> {5222, ejabberd_c2s, [{access, c2s}, {ip, {192, 168, 1, 1}},
>                      {shaper, c2s_shaper}]}

I've done this but without " arount the ip I get a syntax error, if I
put " around the ip ejabberd starts but I'm not able to connect to port
5222 or 5223 (not on both of the ips).

ejabberdctl status tells me that the node is started:
Node ejabberd at iws1 is started. Status: started

Any idea about that?

> By the way, why do you post to Tkabber mailing list?

That was a mistake by me, sorry for that.

Regards,
  Frank
  Mail: fbn at thelogic.org
  XMPP: fbn at charente.de